Wednesday, September 07, 2005

To:SC

the last time i started taking work home with me was when i was working for ed harry and they were treating me like i was expendable. then work didn't just take up my 8 hours, it went with me everywhere i went. its no different this time. and maybe i took things the wrong way, but hell so did you and that's how this whole mess got started in the first place.

you know i work my ass off. how else did i manage to rise to a management position from reception? and then you have the nerve to accuse me of taking things personally when you know the only person guilty of that is you. i don't apologise for recognising a problem and taking action. i was being a professional and that's just too bad if it seemed "a bit in your face" to you. it was for the benefit of the company and maybe because you take every critisism of the team as a personal attack on you, you couldn't distinguish the difference. instead, you convince yourself i must have some hidden agenda, some personal vedetta, and you go out of your way to correct me for what you see as my mistake. woman, go do your job and confront the person who started all this.

i saw you do this to the leads that came before me. all of them. but i never really believed it was this bad till it happened to me. and then you try to blame the friction on everyone but yourself. you call it "falling into the trap", letting michelle influence us, when the only reason everyone comes back from san jose with attitude is because of you. we're all adults with our own opinions - nothing michelle could say or do against you is as effective as what you say or do yourself. like i said, i didn't believe a thing till it happened to me. you warned me about michelle and i believed you. turns out you were wrong. previous leads warned me about you, and i didn't believe them. turns out they were right.

but you know what? i can live with that. i half expected that response from you. what i didn't expect was for you to tell me that you think its time i go ahead with my plans for finding a new job and that as much as you love having me work for you, you'd be more than happy to let me go. of course you sugarcoat that with "because i know that's what you want". man that bit doesn't even shit me, it just hurts. and here i was thinking i meant something to the company. makes me wonder what the hell you were thinking, investing time and money into me coming here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home