Tuesday, September 20, 2005

LOST

the friday i left for vegas was so busy. michelle was *cough*sick*cough* that day and elaine had left for LA the night before so i was taking care of the office alone. by the time i got to the airport that afternoon i wasn't using my brain anymore. i just stuck my headphones in and waited at my gate till other people started boarding then i followed them.

so we're about half an hour into the flight and i hear the pilot saying we're about to start our decent into burbank. at the same time i noticed a map on the napkin the stewardess had given me.. and apparently burbank is not the name of the airport in vegas like i'd been thinking since take off. no, its a different city altogether.. in a different state altogether.

i have never in my life felt so lost and panicked and most of all like a complete IDIOT. how the hell was i gonna get out of BURBANK? were the airport staff going to believe me? was i gonna look like some sort of terrorist? (i blogged about that time i had to get body searched all coz i handed the guard the wrong piece of paper right?) was i gonna have to pay for a whole new flight to vegas? and how did the southwest staff let me board the wrong plane in the first place?! (i wondered briefly if i could get away with buying a cheap ticket to LA but getting on a flight all the way to NY) i was so close to crying. i didn't know who i was supposed to call first - my kuya who would freak out, michelle who would laugh in my face, my parents who'd get angry at me and have their own panick attacks, or no one at all because the shame (oh the shaaaaaaaame) of having to explain it would be too much.

anyway we landed and FINALLY a mention of vegas: "if you're continuing on to las vegas please remain seated". oh.my.gosh southwest's dodgy boarding pass gave no indicaton that we were stopping anywhere! and only after looking closer at my itinerary did i notice "stops: 1". still, it was very unclear!!!

i know i've flown too much on this trip because i'm so not paying attention like i should be. catching a plane is as big a deal as catching a bus to me now. my flight back to sydney's gonna be a big one though =/ i still get scared of international flights. best believe i'll be saying the rosary during take off.

aahhhhhh adventures. at least now i can say i've been to burbank.

oh yeh, and i booked my return flight for today instead of yesterday by mistake. geeeeeeez my attention to detail no longer exists.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home